EDGELIB Builder tool
The EDGELIB Builder tool (formerly Edge IDE) provides a quick way for building projects for various platforms supported by EDGELIB. Create and build projects within a minute and run it on your target mobile device.
Using the EDGELIB Builder tool has the following advantages:
- Quickly create and rename projects
- Great flexibility
- Plugin based builder, it's possible to add new platforms through ini files
- Possibility to build on network drives and drives other than the installation folder of the device platform SDK
- Easy icon generation, able to convert common image files (Bitmap, GIF and PNG) to program icons
- Built-in Symbian installation (.sis) file creator
- Build for all supported platforms with a single command
- Smart UID management for Symbian builds
- Enable Windows Mobile VGA and Symbian capabilities through a user-friendly interface
- All project and program setting files are editable ini files
- Build projects through the commandline
The following platforms are currently supported:
- Symbian Series 60 first and third editions
- Symbian Series 80 first and second edition
- Symbian Series 90
- Symbian UIQ 2.1 and UIQ 3.0
- Windows Mobile 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2006
- Windows Desktop using Visual C++ 6.0 or Visual Studio 2005.
We recommend using Microsoft Visual Studio for developing and debugging the game on your desktop, and use the EDGELIB Builder tool to create mobile device builds.